[RE-wrenches] fronius IG Plus practical engineering WAA???

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Sat Jun 20 13:19:05 PDT 2009

Nick,

This was addressed in the Fronius online newsletter that came out yesterday.

Two Buss Bars - the ins and outs of connection

Fronius buss bars
Sold individually. Make sure to order two Buss Bars - one for each leg of
the trip.

Fronius IG Plus Inverters have a six-string fused combiner built into every
unit. It may not be practical to use it if the array is far away from the
inverter or if local codes require fused combiners on the roof or in close
proximity to the modules themselves. In either situation it is important to
note that the terminals are only rated to accept 20ADC.

Whenever you are bringing in a conductor that may have more then 20ADC on
it, you are required to use a Fronius Buss Bar (Part Number 42,0201,2923).
This is a six-tined copper conductor with 2-3/8" holes and a single 1/4"
hole for use with a lug of the installers' choice.

We are dealing with DC currents here and once those electrons make their run
through the inverter they need a path back to the modules. Again, we cannot
load the terminals with more then 20ADC, so please make sure to get a second
Buss Bar for the return trip.

If you have any questions about applications that would require a Buss Bar,
please contact Fronius Solar Technical Support at 810-220-4414 or e-mail
pv-us-support at fronius.com.

Allan Sindelar

Allan at positiveenergysolar.com

NABCEP Certified Photovoltaic Installer