[RE-wrenches] Staber washing machines

robert ellison reellison at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 07:07:34 PDT 2009

Just had 1 fail that was probably 8 years old. Took 2 - 3 weeks for the
replacement to arrive, the factory was out of boards. The replacement was
damaged, (in shipping?) and too 3 more weeks to get a replacement. The new
ones are made by Siemens if i understood correctly. She is now running on a
repaired original board with the promise of a new one when they arrive.
I think this was just a fluke, they have always been relatively fast with
parts.

The old boards had a lousy rep from my opinion. On mod sine the reverse
relay kept going bad. I have one in my washer now, to cheap to change it and
they don't have repair available on the old boards.
I like the washers, and I guess that normally when a washer failed we would
just buy a new one, with the Stabers we change the board and keep using
them.

I did have one that needed the tub bearings replaced, not a hard job. If I
ever do it again I will probably press new bearings into the carrier myself,
but that's just my nature.

Just my opinion, and I've got plenty of those.

Bob