[RE-wrenches] Metrics

Keith Cronin electrichi01 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 11:10:41 PDT 2009

Hi Allan

I can appreciate the sensitivity of the data, however, in most trades, there are generalized pre-determined time allocations for activities/tasks. If you have ever looked at any electrical estimation software, for example, it outlines everything in these types of increments and is widely accepted even at the federal level, for government type work, especially under the auspice of change orders. Even our government needed a datum point to begin to have a conversation.

By sharing, we all can improve our operational efficiencies, as it will become more difficult to make income from selling materials, as a percentage of sales, due to the commoditization of our industry. Pretty soon, most major electrical supply houses to Grainger will be stocking panels to BOS. We, as an industry, will be needing to polish our operations and clearly get better at the execution of the installation.

If this venue is unsavory for most, I can be contacted off list, as you suggested.