[RE-wrenches] PV shingles

Brian White brianw at eagleroofing.com
Wed Apr 1 13:21:44 PDT 2009

Howie,

We figure it at (Please keep in mind that I am in no way involved with pricing, but this is what I was told by our program manager), $7.75 to $10 per Watt DC at STC for custom installations and retro-fits, and $7.25 to $8.25 per Watt DC at STC for new construction tracts. This is the installed cost before subtracting rebates (we carry the rebate for the customer), and does not take into account the money you are not paying the roofer for the materials and labor for that section of the roof. So I suppose that after you subtract the rebate and material / labor savings, it would be a little better.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Brian C. White
Sr. Design Engineer - PV System