[RE-wrenches] Odd Outback FNDC/Mate issue

Howie Michaelson howie at suncatchervt.com
Fri Mar 27 06:43:35 PDT 2009

Hi Dick,

I used the twisted pair that comes with the FNDC.  I believe it is rated
for 600 v.  I did, early on, pull the wires through the conduit for the
aforementioned reason, but this is the only installation that I had
trouble with in this fashion - perhaps it was because all the others were
48 vDC battery banks.  More recently I've shifted over to going straight
to the Buss bars in the FW box.  The Outback engineers couldn't come up
with a simple answer to why the battery cable fields caused the Mate or
hub to entirely shut off given the topology of the system.  At this point
they are not going to look into it further...

Thanks,
Howie
--
Howie Michaelson
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™

Sun Catcher, LLC
Renewable Energy Systems Sales and Service
VT Solar & Wind Incentive Program Partner
http://www.SunCatcherVT.com
(cell) 802-272-0004
(home) 802-439-6096