[RE-wrenches] DC Ripple (was Odd Outback FNDC/Mate issue)

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Fri Mar 27 08:35:00 PDT 2009

Dick,
Hmmm... now you have me thinking, thank you. I generally have three
additional wire functions carried in the same conduit as the battery cables.
Have done it this way for years and never thought about it, or had any
problems that I have become aware of. I carry the temperature sensor wires
for both the charge controller and inverter temperature sensors in the
conduit, and usually a length of float switch cable (18/1pr shielded type
TC) through the battery box to the Zephyr Power Vent.

Has anyone ever had temperature compensation issues that could be traced to
DC ripple from the magnetic field of the battery cables?

Thank you,
Allan at Positive Energy