[RE-wrenches] batteries

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Thu Mar 5 22:47:09 PST 2009

Jeff:

Can your client maintain batteries?

The IBE 85N-13 is 627 AH of FLA.  One string is too small, two strings is
too large, so you may need to keep looking.  I would add that we have had
only one failure in 20 plus years of use.

The MK-8A8DLTP  Deka is 245 amp hours of AGM.  Three strings would meet
your requirements and is within most installers recommended string
maximum.  We have had excellent results with the VRLA batteries although
the oldest sites are floating on grid.  The off-grid installations we have
(that cycle daily) are newer so we have less data.

Good luck.

William Miller