[RE-wrenches] Is a Smart Phone a Useful Tool in PV?

penobscotsolar at midmaine.com penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Mon Mar 2 10:02:33 PST 2009

I use a Blackberry Curve (T Mobile) because we do a fair amount of out of
the country work and its WiFi capability has saved me a ton of money. I
can make long distance calls from any wirelessly connected hotel room,
etc. for the cost of ten dollars a month. The Curve with the GPS does not
have this capability. The IPhone has an app which can be downloaded that
does.
I also find that receiving emails can be a blessing and a curse. It is
nice to be able to handle issues as they arise when I have immediate
access to my Penobscot Solar emails. Of course, I also get every Wrench
List post to it as well :-), but the balance is to the favorable for me.
I suppose this issue is Wrench specific as much as anything, but there´s
my two cents...
Daryl DeJoy
NABCEP Certified PV installer
Penobscot Solar Design