[RE-wrenches] crimper lead needed

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Fri Feb 27 19:36:31 PST 2009

Bob:

I did some quick research using the Inter-web.  The crimper for the
Multi-contact crimps is basically a glorified Molex crimp tool.  Molex
crimpers are a dime a dozen for the smaller gauges, but less common for #10
and #12.  You might find an alternative supplier but you need the type of
crimper that folds the "wings" over.

If you look on E-bay, one may come up, and there is one linked below for a
bit less money.

Here are a few handy links.

Molex crimp quality
handbook:
http://www.molex.com/cmc_upload/0/000/749/803/638000029%20English%20Crimp%20Quality.pdf

Molex crimper for
$328.00:  http://www.newark.com/molex/63811-6000/hand-crimp-tool/dp/41M1649

What is needed is a pin extraction tool.  Anyone find one?

William