[RE-wrenches] S5 attachment to Copper standing seam roof

David Brearley david.brearley at solarprofessional.com
Thu Feb 19 11:24:15 PST 2009

Carl,

Rob Haddock, the founder of S-5! Attachment Solutions just wrote a Q&A
response for "SolarPro" magazine. In it he writes:

"Aluminum S-5! clamps are compatible with all these metals except copper.
When roofing is copper, brass S-5! clamps should be used. Somewhere between
the brass clamp and the aluminum PV frame an electrolytic switch must be
made. This can be done with a passive metal like stainless steel or with
rubber isolators or both."

You can read the entire article online in HTML format, or download it as a
PDF for free. You just need to subscribe to either the digital or print
version of the magazine. The subscription is free and it takes less than 5
minutes to set up an account:

solarprofessional.com/subscribe

I'll defer to others for their favorite S-5! Supplier, but this should not
be difficult to find.

Regards,

David Brearley, Technical Editor
SolarPro magazine