[RE-wrenches] anchoring racks to concrete roof

Ken Schaal ken at commonwealthsolar.com
Wed Feb 11 10:18:13 PST 2009

Hi Jay

I have experience with similar structures. Is this a Monolithic Dome?   Key
Dome?

In any case, with 2.5 " of concrete, it almost certainly has welded wire or
rebar or both embedded, so you have lots of strength. Just need to get lucky
when you drill holes to miss the metal. No need to go deeper than 2", if the
previous is so. You're on the right track with epoxy filled so you maintain
water tightness.
What is the coating on the exterior concrete?

Ken at commonwealthsolar.com