[RE-wrenches] Magnum MS4448AE Compatibility Question

Hans Frederickson hans at fredelectric.com
Wed Feb 11 08:37:17 PST 2009

A few years back, we had a customer who was having similar problems. I don't
recall if it was a Buderus boiler, but the generator was a Generac. This was
a simple generator backup system. We were able to get the boiler to work
reliably after adjusting the governor on the generator so that it ran at
60Hz under load. As I recall, it would then drift above 60Hz when unloaded.

If you were to try a UPS, it would need to be a dual-conversion type to make
a difference, otherwise it would just pass the generator power straight
through. True dual-conversion UPS units are very expensive... Probably
costing more than the cheap generator in many cases.

-Hans