[RE-wrenches] Magnum MS4448AE Compatibility Question

boB Gudgel boB at midnitesolar.com
Tue Feb 10 00:00:38 PST 2009

David Katz wrote:
> Hi Allan,
> This is not an unusual problem.  i have seen it with conventional
> forced air heating systems.  The burner controls would not run on A
> Xantrex or Outback sine wave inverter.  There is something about
> waveforms from inverters designed by Trace legacy engineers.  I had to
> put in Exeltech or Studer inverters to operate the heating control
> system.  you can do this and still run larger pumps and fans on the
> Magnum.
> David

Try this:   Add a semi-large load to that inverter and then see if the
ignitor works in addition to that load.  A lot of times, a SineWave
inverter will clean up its waveform some when loaded due to
inductances...  Yes, even inverters designed by X Trace Engineering
and/or Xandroid engineers.

BTW, I checked that company's forum and this same basic question showed
up, except it was a generator that had problems.  They couldn't
answer it either, except to say that separating (or connecting
together?) the Neutral and Ground wires might fix it for some reason.
Must be
something I'm missing there, but I've seen stranger things I suppose.

boB