[RE-wrenches] Enphase Micro Inverter Energy System

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Sat Feb 7 08:27:55 PST 2009

I have a couple of questions for those who have already done an Enphase
installation. We are anticipating putting a system in a major remodel. So
the client has asked us to penetrate the roof with our PV wiring (we do this
a lot) and run the wiring through attic space and then to the exterior wall
where the meter/disco/main-panel reside. Again we do a fair amount of
installs like this using metal flex or metal clad cable and protection
plates.

Q1: What kind of a 2-pole, 240 VAC disco can we use before penetrating the
roof? The Enphase web video shows something in a single gang Hubble box.

Q2: For more than one string, how and where are folks doing AC circuit
combining?

- Peter

Peter T. Parrish, Ph.D., President
California Solar Engineering, Inc.
820 Cynthia Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90065
Ph 323-258-8883, Mobile 323-839-6108, Fax 323-258-8885
CA Lic. 854779, NABCEP Cert. 031806-26
peter.parrish at calsolareng.com

  _____