[RE-wrenches] prevailing wages

David Brearley david.brearley at solarprofessional.com
Fri Jan 23 08:15:51 PST 2009

My experience in Texas is consistent with Dana¹s.

The classifications are an odd fit. So we always made sure our technicians
knew what they had been classified as. Not that it really mattered to them
in practice. In my limited experience, working on projects with David-Bacon
Act requirements did not impact the crew in the field, and meeting the
prevailing wage standard was never an issue. Instead, the impact was in the
office and hit the bottom line in the form of higher administrative costs.

David Brearley, Technical Editor
SolarPro magazine
NABCEP Certified PV Installer 
david.brearley at solarprofessional.com
Direct: 541.261.6545
Fax:  541.512.0343

Visit our Web site at solarprofessional.com

On 1/22/09 11:21 PM, "Dana Brandt" <dana at ecotechenergy.com> wrote:

> Washington doesn't have a PV installer category for prevailing wage. We've
> been told to use Carpenter or Electrician depending on which part of the
> installation they're doing.
>
> Dana
>
> --
Dana Brandt