[RE-wrenches] Back feeding battery inverter with grid-tieinverter

Mark Dickson Mark at oasismontana.com
Tue Jan 20 15:37:51 PST 2009

The Outbacks will definitely work.  We recently completed and Fronius AC
coupled system (ran DC on the home run) and back feeding the Outback quad
stack.  We ran short on relays, so we used a Morningstar Relay Driver which
was very simple to use and gave us 4 additional programmable relays.  When
the batteries fill up we have the first relay kick on an electric space
heater, a second one kicks on some ice melters and the third cuts the power
between the Fronius and the AC panel.  It tested out great and I am
returning to commission it this Thursday-so we shall see.

Our system is an off grid system though and I am not sure how it would work
with the grid without the GFX inverters.  We have the generator for back-up.

Mark Dickson

Oasis Montana Inc.

 <http://www.oasismontana.com/>  <http://www.oasismontana.com/>
www.oasismontana.com