[RE-wrenches] wrenches] fire safety vs. fire hysteria

cvsolar2 at aol.com cvsolar2 at aol.com
Thu Jan 8 14:20:28 PST 2009

I can't speak for larger depts, but we train our folks to always work off roof ladders -- regardless of pitch. just because rafters can become surprisingly unstable in a fire. (it takes only 400 F to cause those stamped on metal plates to warp and fall off prefab rafters). as for firefighter priorities -- #1 is your own safety. #2 is your buddys safety. #3 is to protect human life. then comes propery and such. that's the plan anyway. db