[RE-wrenches] NABCEP

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Mon Nov 30 09:37:09 PST 2009

Tump:

I think we are in agreement here.  There needs to be some method to enable
qualified installers and disable unqualified.

I don't think the issue is whether I support NABCEP's goals or not.  The
issue is that regulators do not require some type of verification that a
given installer can perform a safe installation.  If NABCEP certification
were required, I would have it and those just dabbling in the trade would
not.  This would be an improvement over the current situation.

Until this requirement becomes reality, acquiring NAPCEP certification has
no benefit for me.

William Miller