[RE-wrenches] NABCEP - grid tie---Off grid

Dave Click daveclick at fsec.ucf.edu
Mon Nov 30 04:44:04 PST 2009

 > Speaking of IBEW, how
 > about the installation done in Dorchester, Ma., do you mount your arrays
 > vertically?

That (relatively small--5.4kW) array was installed vertically to improve
its visibility from I-93. It was understood that vertical PV facing
somewhat SE wouldn't have been as efficient as a 30 degree slope facing
south, but visibility was more important than increasing the energy
production by $60/yr.

DKC