[RE-wrenches] Bonding Rails

Kirpal Khalsa solarworks at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 16:29:33 PST 2009

Hey Guys....Unirac recently changed their requirement to 2 clips between
each module.......one on the upper rail and one on the lower
rail......therefore by my count you need 2N-2 clips for N modules, you don't
need any clips at the ends of the row of modules........   the link to their
diagram and instructions is:  http://www.unirac.com/pdf/ii225_5.pdf

I think the overall intention is that it is better to not skimp on
grounding.....for all the inner modules in a row they are bonded to the
rails at 4 points, each of the rails has a ground lug.  Should any module be
removed for any reason the remainder of the modules are still solidly
grounded......

My understanding is that Uniracs ground lugs and clips are licensed from
Wiley so I would guess that the Wiley direct ground lugs and clips have the
same requirements......

My take is that this grounding system is soooooo much more convenient and
fast than some of the ground lug to module systems we used to use.......(and
still use in top of pole mounts)...
Cheers,

--
Sunny Regards,