[RE-wrenches] generator

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Tue Nov 10 17:10:03 PST 2009

Larry,
The single VFX3524 takes 19A plus loads from one leg, way overloading that
120V leg. Your best bet would be to add a T240 or PSX240 to balance both
legs. Then use the 30A 240V receptacle on the Genereck. The twist-loc
receptacle doesn't run through a GFI, so the tripping will go away. Plus
your VFX can overload and trip the 20A breaker when charging at the full 19A
and a surge load comes on. This would likely solve that.

Contact me off-list if you'd like a pdf copy of the off-grid gennies article
in Home Power; it will help explain a bit about wiring with the !)$%&@
bonded-chassis neutral and a few other issues.

Allan Sindelar
Allan at positiveenergysolar.com
NABCEP Certified Photovoltaic Installer
EE98J Journeyman Electrician