[RE-wrenches] generator

Larry Brown sunmountain at netstep.net
Tue Nov 10 16:10:35 PST 2009

Fellow Wrenches,

On an off the grid system we did for a client a year or two back, we
installed an Outback VFX3524 mounted on a Midnight Solar E Panel.
They had a manual pull Homelight generator as back up.  All worked well.
Recently the client upgraded to an electric start 8000 watt Generac
generator.
Now every time they start the new generator, the GFI 20 amp
receptacle on the generator pops.
There is probably a redundant neutral to ground bond that is causing
this but I am uncertain on the best approach to remedy this condition
Any recommendations or experience on how to get the generator to
interface with the system?

Thanks
Larry

Larry Brown