[RE-wrenches] Evergreen - now what?

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Thu Nov 5 07:02:04 PST 2009

Very interesting questions Jeff.  What exactly do we mean when we say "USA
products".

I use Sharp exclusively.  I believe the silicon ingots are grown in Russia.
They are sliced and doped in China. But they are assembled into modules in
Tennesse.

Does this make it a product of the USA? If not, should I stop using Sharp.
But what about all those jobs in Tennesse?

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
303 Redbud Way
Nevada City,  CA 95959