[RE-wrenches] Outback-Honda Sync problem

Tump tump at hughes.net
Sat Oct 31 08:06:40 PDT 2009

Drake I think the cause of your problems are NOT the generator but our, as
installers a lack of accurate information.
I believe & I would hope that someone at OB will chime in here is....
A GFVX inverter( operative word here is Grid tied) will work w/ a generator
NOT in that way you are trying to use it BUT using the controls of the OB to
start a large enough generator which can in turn supply the loads of the
house NOT to supply charging or AC source thru the "pass thru" relay of the
OB.
Batteries enough to sustain brief power outages then on low battery voltage
the inverter will command the generator to start. Once the AC source is
supplied from the gen the transfer switch (utility/gen) will move the loads
to the gen. The OB will NOT latch onto the gen source to charge batteries
until the utility is reconnected.
I have found products that will take the AC gen source & supply DC current
enough to power the loads & charge the batteries using the inverter but its
really not the best/ cost effective way.
Let me know if you need info on the DC power/battery charger supply. TUMP