[RE-wrenches] SW4024 compatibility question

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Sat Oct 31 07:59:51 PDT 2009

I have an early vintage SW unit (which is overdue for retirement but refuses
to break...)

Those early models had to be physically removed from the wall to get the
cover off, so a chipset replacement was difficult. Then Series II came out
(which can be identified by the easier method for removing the cover).

There were additional revisions to the physical hardware when Series II came
out, and I've carried the notion that Series II was not backward compatible
to Series I.

Dave Katz' suggestion is something that I'm sure you'll want to pursue, but
I advise that all digits of the firmware revision should match...and that
both inverters should be Series I or II, not mixed.

I have an extra chipset that I never installed...owing to the difficult
replacement process...so we could compare notes further if you wish.

Jolliness,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Voice: 970-731-4675