[RE-wrenches] XW (was Outback "F"ware)

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Fri Oct 23 12:56:37 PDT 2009

William,

The first time I saw a prototype of the XW system I groaned at the use of
QOU breakers. Partly it was for the reason you mention, and partly because
the QOU had become a white elephant, not used in our industry since the
demise of the APT/Trace Powercenters. QOUs aren't normally stocked at our
local SqD distributor, so we would have to carry yet another stock of
breakers, besides OBDC and the CBI lines. My comments to the Xantrex techies
didn't make any difference, either.

Allan Sindelar

Allan at positiveenergysolar.com

NABCEP Certified Photovoltaic Installer

EE98J Journeyman Electrician

Positive Energy, Inc.

3201 Calle Marie

Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507

505 424-1112

www.PositiveEnergySolar.com <http://www.positiveenergysolar.com/>

Ray:

Here's one specific complaint:  When using Flexware, each QOU breaker needs
a separate lead to the bus for feed.  Too bad we can't have a bus bar for
plug on breakers.

.I emphasized that I would like to see the AC KO a standard distance from
the back plane to allow connection via standard offset to an off-the-shelf
load center.  Never happened...

William Miller