[RE-wrenches] SS Tek Crews

Carl Adams swingjunkie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 03:12:37 PDT 2009

Hello Wrenches,

Pulling up this thread from earlier in the year.  I have a couple of
upcoming jobs where I am attaching PV mounting structure  as follows
Job 1) LFoot to metal roof into Z purlin, and Job 2) FastJack to metal
roof into bar joist.

In both of the applications I'm considering the Tek screw type
attachment to the building steel.  Both the L foot and FastJack are
sized for a 5/16 - 3/8 lag or bolt.  Most of the self tappers I see
are 1/4" max diameter.  Should I be concerned about the undersized fit
of the fastener in the mounting attachment or are there large Tek type
screws out there I'm not finding?

Does anyone have pullout strengths for this type of attachment?

With Regards
Carl Adams
NABCEP Certified PV Installer
SunRock Solar, LLC