[RE-wrenches] Battery Racks

Bill Loesch solar1online at charter.net
Tue Oct 20 02:09:57 PDT 2009

Hi Allan, et al,

Just what amount of temperature difference (and corresponding SOC difference) are we talking about?

In previous incarnations, Outback produced an attractive albeit very labor intensive unassembled battery cabinet which, if my old memory is correct, this optionally _enclosed_ battery cabinet could enclose three(?) 8D batteries in a ~four foot high box with an ~ 8D footprint. If this isn't the near ultimate of an"indoor space" with corresponding temperature stratification please advise of a more confined space application.

Wouldn't the current Outback stacked Group 27 cabinet be subject to the same physics?

Thanks for your superior use of the thinking cap and literally thinking "outside the box".

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar
314 631 1094