[RE-wrenches] Rooftop wiring methods between multiple subarrays

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Fri Oct 9 15:41:31 PDT 2009

Hey Folks,

I don't want to dicourage anyone from doing good work that meets or exceeds
Code requirements.  But I am a little quizzical about the how we all seem to
be ignoring what the Code actual says about this.

"250.97 Bonding for Over 250V Volts....

Exception: Where oversized, concentric, or eccentric knockouts are not
encountered....the following methods shall be permitted:...(3) Fittings with
shoulders that seat firmly against the box or cabinet, such as electrical
metallic tubing connectors..."

This tells me that if I run PV source conductors in EMT from one metal box
to another, I don't nessecarily need to bond the EMT as if it were part of a
service.

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
303 Redbud Way