[RE-wrenches] Rooftop wiring methods between multiple subarrays

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Thu Oct 8 11:07:08 PDT 2009

Hi Wrenches,

I'm looking for fresh ideas on how to run USE-2 wires between subarrays on rooftops. Let's say we have a flat roof commercial system with dozens of separate rows of modules. How would you folks run the USE-2 wiring between these arrays? We've been using J-boxes and EMT which is robust but time consuming. I've also used strut with a cap strip on the top which effectively makes a wire raceway but it is difficult to properly ground both ends of the raceway and is also time consuming.

Looking forward to hearing your ideas. Best, August

August Goers

Luminalt Energy Corporation
O: 415.564.7652
M: 415.559.1525