[RE-wrenches] Magnum Battery Charger Question

robert ellison reellison at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 20:11:57 PDT 2009

Have you deep cycled the batteries? Normally you would be way below 12.7
when you had to use a generator to charge,12.7 is fully charged for a 12
volt pack.
.
Cycle them down to 10.5 to 11 volts or so a few times and charge them back
up.
See if it charges better when cycled.
What brand of batteries are these?

The magnum chargers are great, and if shorted it goes to 14.4 volts the
charger is fine.

Any chance you have bad connection somewhere? If you have one try using
a infared pyrometer to look for a warm connection somewhere. But it has to
be after you charge for a while, give it time to heat up.

Bob