[RE-wrenches] Direct Grid Tie Upgrade - drawing attached

Dave Click daveclick at fsec.ucf.edu
Wed Sep 2 12:48:10 PDT 2009

Carl, it looks like you're already Code-noncompliant thanks to the 100A
garage panel having 100A utility, 20A PV, and 20A wind breakers
supplying it. Adding an additional 20A of PV of course doesn't help
things. I'd replace the 100A panel with a 150A+ (so probably a 200A),
keeping the 100A main.

100A utility + 20A PV + 20A wind + 20A new PV = 160A < 200A bus

I'd get into 2005 vs 2008 NEC breaker issues here, but it's apparent
that the local inspector doesn't care!

I'd also suggest that you tie all your electrodes together, contrary to
what's shown in your schematic. Cue the discussion of ground loops.

DKC