[RE-wrenches] max PV voltage in Canada

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 31 20:57:00 PDT 2009

Jerry,

The Canadian requirements are simplistic and based on the 1996 and prior NEC. Canada is simply not keeping their code up to date and recognizing the fact that their western coast has significantly milder weather and that thin films do not have the same temperature coefficients as crystalline. I’m not sure they are enforcing this for all the big thin projects going on in Ontario however. These are engineered systems that are not required to follow the simplistic code requirements.

Bill.