[RE-wrenches] XW6048 parts problem

Drake Chamberlin drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Wed Aug 5 06:49:26 PDT 2009

Hi Peter,

The Outback inverter will not regulate battery charge while AC
coupled.  The SMA is the only system designed to give a regulated
charge to batteries in the AC coupled mode. The Outback axillary
relay can be used to drive a relay that will disconnect the input to
the inverter, to regulate battery charge when grid is down.  I like
an "Ice Cube Rely" (such as Idec) to control a contactor.  The coil
of the Idec uses very little power.

Why did you gravitate toward Xantrex from Outback?

Drake

Drake Chamberlin
Athens Electric
OH License 44810