[RE-wrenches] XW6048 parts problem

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Tue Aug 4 17:55:23 PDT 2009

Jeff:

I have a spare.  They are not kept in the socket but are loose in a
bag.  Send me your mailing address off list.  I leave tomorrow for a week,
so I hope I see your address before I go.

William

At 04:59 PM 8/4/2009, you wrote:
>Just completed a large residential grid/gen/solar/battery system using a
>XW6048 inverter.
>
>We are using a SunnyBoy inverter at the array and doing an AC coupled
>backfeed.  To do this we have installed a heavy duty relay in the output
>of the SunnyBoy, and are using the aux. relay contacts on the XW unit to
>close this relay when battery voltage is at high limit (during no load
>power outage to prevent over-charging)
>
>Not sure if we lost it during installation, if it shook loose in shipment
>and fell out, or was missing to begin with, but to connect to the aux.
>contacts in th XW requires a very small green flat 5-pin connector which
>is missing.
>
>I contacted multiple people at Xantrex and their service center, waded
>through their web site, and finally talked to a service tech.  He advised
>that "he was looking for an extra one of these connectors 6 months ago and
>still has not received it, as these compoments are made and assembled in
>China and they do not stock anything that is considered an assembly part
>used in China to build their units."
>
>First, I did not realize these inverters were being assembled in China,
>and second, who ever heard of not stocking a replacement part just because
>its made in China.  If that were true, 95% of everything sold today in US
>would not be able to order replacement parts.
>
>Anybody out their know if there is a Radio Shack type supplier where I can
>order a bag of these and get on with the system startup and my life?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jeff Yago

>List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
>Options & settings:

>List rules & etiquette:
>www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
>Check out participant bios:
>www.members.re-wrenches.org

>05:57:00

Please note new e-mail address and domain:

William Miller
Miller Solar
Voice :805-438-5600     Fax: 805-438-4607
email: william at millersolar.com
http://millersolar.com
License No. C-10-773985