[RE-wrenches] XW6048 parts problem

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Tue Aug 4 16:59:48 PDT 2009

Just completed a large residential grid/gen/solar/battery system using a XW6048 inverter.

We are using a SunnyBoy inverter at the array and doing an AC coupled backfeed.  To do this we have installed a heavy duty relay in the output of the SunnyBoy, and are using the aux. relay contacts on the XW unit to close this relay when battery voltage is at high limit (during no load power outage to prevent over-charging)

Not sure if we lost it during installation, if it shook loose in shipment and fell out, or was missing to begin with, but to connect to the aux. contacts in th XW requires a very small green flat 5-pin connector which is missing.

I contacted multiple people at Xantrex and their service center, waded through their web site, and finally talked to a service tech.  He advised that "he was looking for an extra one of these connectors 6 months ago and still has not received it, as these compoments are made and assembled in China and they do not stock anything that is considered an assembly part used in China to build their units."

First, I did not realize these inverters were being assembled in China, and second, who ever heard of not stocking a replacement part just because its made in China.  If that were true, 95% of everything sold today in US would not be able to order replacement parts.

Anybody out their know if there is a Radio Shack type supplier where I can order a bag of these and get on with the system startup and my life?

Thanks,

Jeff Yago