[RE-wrenches] myers hubs

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Fri Jul 24 11:22:04 PDT 2009

August:

Thanks for the reply.  The use of the compression EMT connectors still
requires a threaded hub to be considered rain-tight.  These do not solve
the problem of how to connect PVC conduit to a plastic box, maintain
rain-tight status and avoid introducing a metallic fitting that requires
bonding.  I was hoping to learn about a new fitting to solve this problem.

One of my wholesalers claims the use of a sealing locknut on a standard PVC
male adapter is considered raintight.  I am skeptical.  Does anyone know if
this assertion is backed with code language?

William Miller