[RE-wrenches] Inverter AM Interference

SOLARPRO at aol.com SOLARPRO at aol.com
Wed Jul 15 16:57:44 PDT 2009

Hello again:

This is a brand new 5000 US.  EMT on all dc runs.  The radio is a
BOSE...and is 27 feet away.  The interference is runs 24/7... so it must be  AC
related.
I found out today that roam (or freedom) phones do not work at this  home.
Since it was built with wire mesh in the walls - this was  a transition
method used after plaster and before drywall...sometime  in the late 40's early
50's - we are all supposing that this is the reason  that the  phones do not
work.
But could living in a modified Faraday cage have something to do with  it?
I am taking my job site tested boom box over there tomorrow to see if
running unplugged helps.  Maybe we can rig up an antenna for the BOSE....a
metal coat hanger in a vent pipe should do it.
I'll let you know....

Patrick Redgate
Ameco Solar

In a message dated 7/15/2009 2:52:50 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,