[RE-wrenches] module frame separation

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 24 13:59:50 PDT 2009

William,

The main concerns are physical damage to the unsupported laminate and
moisture penetration at the exposed edge of the laminate. If the frame can
be pushed back in place without breaking the laminate, you can fasten a flat
bar across the back of the module to keep the frame in place. EVA is
hydroscopic and moisture will wick into the laminate from the exposed edge.
Run a bead of silicone caulk along the edge of the laminate before securing
the frame back in place.

Joel Davidson