[RE-wrenches] Grid-Connect Inverter with battery, AND auto backoff?

Troy Harvey taharvey at heliocentric.org
Tue Jun 23 19:41:26 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

I need an inverter/charger/controller solution for a grid connect
house that:
1. grid-connects (net-meters)
2. Islands off of the battery in outages (whole house UPS)
3. Feeds into the whole house breaker, so the whole house is backed up
4. Shuts down less important breakers as needed, if the load for the
whole house is over the inverter limit

Instead of guessing which breakers are important to put on a battery
backed up sub-panel, my client would like the whole house backed up.
But of course, can't guarantee that the house won't be drawing too
much for a 6000 Watt inverter at any given time. So would like to have
the system intelligently remove less important breakers until the
system is below the inverter operation wattage.

Anyone know of a inverter system that is smart like that?

Troy Harvey
Heliocentric
801-453-9434
taharvey at heliocentric.org