[RE-wrenches] Enphase Recall?

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 14:58:01 PDT 2009

Peter and all,

The Enphase product is the only one of its kind on the market currently
(there will be more). Their sales are far beyond where they thought they
were going to be-good and bad news. Great for them to be confirmed in their
market prediction. Bad for the people who are anxious to get the product.

Many companies simply ramp up production and hope for the best. It is my
impression that this is not what Enphase is doing. They are trying to
carefully control production.

If you are making sales based on the benefits and availability of the
Enphase product alone, that is probably bad business. Until the Enphase
product is widely available, I would recommend that you continue to use the
product wisely in specific locations where it will clearly outperform any
other option. If you are using the Enphase product where another mature
available product will do, you are not using your head or applying the
limited quantity of available product wisely.

Continue to move with measured caution. The product looks good, but it is
not a silver bullet. Don't push the company to make stupid mistakes and
overproduce-too many companies in the PV industry are doing that very thing
today.

Bill.