[RE-wrenches] Desulfators

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Fri Jun 19 10:43:05 PDT 2009

The jury is still out with me, but so far I'm feeling optimistic with my experiences with Duo-regen technology. I use both the mineral solution additive and the pulse units. The testimonials are impressive and my experience over the last 5 months is that water use has dropped to about 1/3 and cell temps under aggressive charging in hot climates is reduced by 15%. It seems that the claim of lowering internal resistance may indeed be true. The claimed need for NO more EQ's leaves me a bit nervous still at this early stage, so we still do. I have a very large bank in Mexico that had high heat issues that was solved with this treatment, in this application it has extreme value. We are also cycling the batteries 1-2 times a day so this excellerated cycling should yield "long" term results sooner than any of my other applications.
Rob of NWES (HUP Solar One) has also witnessed positive effects from desulfators on old cells. Being that I use both the additive and pulse units I cannot tell which is having the greater effect. I'm pretty sure that the lowered water use is due to the additive. Duo-regen claims a tripling of battery life and the resurrection of failed cells. Time will tell....

-jeff o