[RE-wrenches] 690.47D (revisited)

Kelly Keilwitz, Whidbey Sun & Wind kelly at whidbeysunwind.com
Fri Jun 5 07:25:36 PDT 2009

Dick,
Thanks for your take on this.

The problem I see with using the existing AC/DC system GE for the PV GE is
that the EGC will run in parallel with it, separate, but connected at each
end (at the array and at the GE). This could set up a ground loop and still
leaves the electronic imperiled.

I think that, if the dedicated, PV GE is required it should NOT be bonded to
the other system GE's. If it is not required, the PV GEC should NOT be used.

What are you Wrenches being required to do? I"m wondering how other AHJ's
are seeing this. This is the first AHJ in our area to bring this up.

-Kelly

Kelly Keilwitz, P.E.
Whidbey Sun & Wind, LLC
Renewable Energy Systems
NABCEP Certified PV Installer
WA Electrical Administrator #KEILWKM923RB
987 Wanamaker Rd.
Coupeville, WA, 98239
360.678.7131
sunwind at whidbeysunwind.com