[RE-wrenches] AC coupled relay

Kirk Herander, VSE kirk at vtsolar.com
Wed Jun 3 11:05:08 PDT 2009

I have done it with a SQD 60a, 240 vac contactor. The coil is 120 vac. It is
driven by a secondary 12vdc relay sending 120 ac to the coil. The coil of
the dc relay is driven by the 12 vdc auxiliary output of the Outback FX
inverter. I use the contactor and dc relay normally closed contacts. They
open when the inverter energizes the dc relay.

Kirk Herander

Vermont Solar Engineering

802.863.1202

NABCEP(tm) Certified Solar Installer