[RE-wrenches] Fronius IG4000 problem

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Sat Apr 18 17:57:45 PDT 2009

Bob-O:

Are you installing inverters outdoors near the ocean?  That seems to be the
biggest issue, corrosion on the IG series circuit boards.  Fronius was
touting their board coatings at the all day seminar, but now the plus
series no longer has flow trough ventilation.

William

At 04:14 PM 4/18/2009, you wrote:
>William,
>Just the opposite situation here. We've been using Fronius almost
>exclusively for the past four years with very few issues at all. The few
>we have had Fronius tech support was all over it PDQ.
>Go figure.
>Bob-O
>
>On Apr 18, 2009, at 2:04 PM, William Miller wrote:
>
>Larry:
>
>We have had an almost 100% failure rate for Fronius inverters.  This is
>including replacing many of them multiple times.  We are about ready to
>replace 6 LV4550s with 3 Plus 10,000s. I will let you know how it works
>out, but we are very underwhelmed.
>
>William
>

>At 12:12 PM 4/18/2009, you wrote:
>>Wrenches,
>>
>>A Fronius IG 4000 is doing some weird cycling. Every 45 seconds the
>>voltage pops up to Voc and drops back to Vmp immediately followed by a
>>downward ramp of voltage and corresponding rise in current. This repeats
>>continuously. PV array Vsc is constant and all strings are +/- 1 volt DC.
>>I spoke with Dan at Fronius and they are working on it. BTW, very helpful
>>and immediate response from Fronius.
>>
>>Has anyone else seen this occur? This is the second problem with this
>>inverter so I am wondering how Fronius is holding up for others.
>>
>>Kindest Regards,
>>
>>Larry Crutcher
>>Starlight Solar
>>(928) 941-1660
>>Renewable Energy Products, Service and Installation
>List sponsored by Home Power magazine
>
>List Address:
><mailto:RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org>RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
>Options & settings:
><http://lists.re-wrenches.org/options.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org>http://lists.re-wrenches.org/options.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org

>List rules & etiquette:
>www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
>Check out participant bios:
>www.members.re-wrenches.org

>List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
>Options & settings:

>List rules & etiquette:
>www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
>Check out participant bios:
>www.members.re-wrenches.org

Please note new e-mail address and domain:

William Miller
Miller Solar
Voice :805-438-5600     Fax: 805-438-4607
email: william at millersolar.com
http://millersolar.com
License No. C-10-773985