[RE-wrenches] Ishaq M. Shahryar passing - Memorial

Walt Ratterman wratterman at sunenergypower.com
Wed Apr 15 12:03:15 PDT 2009

Hello James,

I hear what you are saying about Afghanistan and from your perspective, you certainly make a lot of terrific points.

Done correctly though, these systems can be put to use beneficially to save lives all over the world.  The places that are at war are the more difficult ones because of the risks involved.  Sustainability sometimes has to be re-defined.  But lives are saved, and in large numbers.

I work extensively in Burma in the middle of ethnic cleansing areas and have so for years.  I have worked a good bit in Afghanistan, including only weeks after 9/11, and last year.  In some ways (in many ways) they need help more now than they did in late 2001.

The difficulty is doing things in large quantities effectively, and working through governments.  In most cases neither is feasible.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts.

Walt

Walt Ratterman

SunEnergy Power International

11 Laurel Lane South     Washougal, WA   98671

(360)-837-3680   ▪   fax (360)-837-1315   ▪   Skype  Walt-Mobile

wratterman at SunEPI.org   ▪   www.SunEPI.org <http://www.sunepi.org/>