[RE-wrenches] wireless routers for off grid

jeff Wongstrom info at thirstylakesolar.com
Mon Apr 13 09:41:49 PDT 2009

Along this thread,

We have had an ongoing problem with slow internet speed caused by
multiple issues, most of which seem to have been corrected over the
past three years with much troubleshooting and with several service
calls.

However, one issue remains and seems to be the following:

During the winter we power down the entire computer system at night
and the inverter goes to sleep.  DSL internet speed gradually
decreases over a few days to dial up speeds or worse.  We have found
that disconnecting the telephone line from the Comtrend ADSL2 router
for several minutes and then reconnecting it brings the internet
speed back up.

Interestingly, now that the sun is back and the router has been
powered up 24/7 the past few weeks, the internet speed has remained
strong(fingers crossed).  It is possible that the internet provider
has corrected something that is coincidental to the 24/7 router
power...... but ..... have any other off-grid DSL internet users
experienced this problem?

Offgrid/Outback/Mac/Comtrend

Jeff

Thirsty Lake Solar