[RE-wrenches] Solar power on Truck?

penobscotsolar at midmaine.com penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Mon Apr 6 16:48:10 PDT 2009

Hi Ryan,
   There are a number of thin film products that can be laminated onto a
truck roof, but when it comes to running an air conditioner it will
only be something he imagines runs his ac unit. UniSolar makes a long,
thin roof laminate but it must be adhered to Galvalume or Zincalume
roofing material.Maybe you could laminate a 68 watt UniSolar laminate
to the roof.
   Here's a company that says they make custom laminates out of silicon
material: http://www.solardyne.com/cuspvlamoem.html
   The bottom line though is that all of this is simply for looks. There
is no way to make anywhere near the power he would need to run an AC
unit on his rig....no way.

Daryl