[RE-wrenches] Odd behavior of XW60

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 05:21:07 PDT 2009

Hi all
I have noticed an Odd behavior on my XW60 ( the charge controller for the XW inverter series). It will on occasion spend all day as a PWM only and not go into MPPT mode.  It will sometimes start up on a 102 Voc string at 0.6 volts above battery voltage, and stay there (ie take 24.6 battery and stay at a module string voltage of 25.3 volts all day.  If I disconnect the array or the battery, and reconnect it will go into MPPT most of the time, and the string input to controller is at 70 volts .  it is like it locks up into a diode, and wastes a lot of energy.
Darryl