[RE-wrenches] MTBF

Marv Dargatz mdargatz at enphaseenergy.com
Thu Mar 26 10:38:17 PDT 2009

All,

Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) is a statistical number that is based
on failure rates of components in a piece of equipment, under specific
operating conditions. Numerical analysis, with testing and historical
data, results in this calculated number.  MTBF can be applied to a
number of real world mechanisms.  For example, the MTBF of most solar
modules is on the order of 600 years.  The MTBF of an average American
30-something year old male is 900 years.  Enphase will shortly be
publishing a white paper that explains how MTBF ratings are determined
and gives more details about the MTBF rating of our micro-inverter.

If you would like, I'll post a notification on this list when the paper
is available.

See Ya!

Marv
Enphase Energy